Krita 5.0.2 – Neowin
Krita Desktop is a free open source painting application. Krita is the free, comprehensive digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to finish. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters, and in the digital visual effects industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has recently seen an explosion of growth. It offers many common and innovative features to help hobbyists and professionals.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. Dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to view layers.
Krita supports full color management via LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to integrate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop can’t open. Load and save in PSD format when you need to transfer your artwork to different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting app that lets you open, save, edit, and create HDR and scene-referenced images. Additionally, with support for OCIO and OpenEXR, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images and use it in the most advanced workflows in the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 5.0.2 changelog:
- Fixed a crash when changing the Instant Preview setting of a brush preset.
- Fixed a crash when ABR brush libraries are present with an uppercase ABR extension. BUG: 447454
- Fixed a similar issue with Krita resource sets with an uppercase .BUNDLE extension
- Correct macOS rights to allow downloading of Krita from the Steam Store
- Correct the macOS rights so that Krita can be accepted by the MacOS App Store
- Make Krita use the default native macOS file dialog
- Remove the tkInter module from the built-in Python libraries on macOS.
- Fixed rendering of 16-bit whole images on macOS on M1 architecture
- Fixed a crash when undoing multiple layer operations too quickly. BUG: 447462
- Workaround for a crash when a transform mask is applied to a relay group. BUG: 447506
- Filter two new single-dash and multi-character command line options from Epic Store. Really, Epic, it’s a shame to pass command line parameters in this format!
- Fixed toolbox arrow buttons not visible when starting Krita
- Fix the photoshop compatibility shortcut profile. BUG: 447771
- Fixed grouping of AppimageUpdate in appimages.
- Restore QImageIO fallback for loading WebP images
- Make the title bars of the dock widget so that they can be smaller
- Disable all accelerator keys for dockers
- Fixed a race condition in the image metadata system
- Fix the layout of the tool option widget that gets messed up sporadically. BUG: 447522
- Correctly update fill layers when changing options from a Python script. BUG: 447807
- Correct the preview image of the embedded file dialog box. BUG: 447806
- Correct slow opening and closing of documents if there are many resource sets. BUG: 447298
- Fix clicks on external urls on Android
- Work around a possible crash on Android due to bugs in the Qt accessibility framework.
- Fix importing bundles on Android
- Work around issues with file permissions that are not set correctly by ChromeOS
Download: Krita 5.0.2 (64 bit) | Portable | ~ 170.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 4.4.3 (32 bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
See: Krita Home Page | Screenshot of Krita | Release Notes
Be alerted of all our software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware