GitLab Commit 2021 announcement: innovating together
Enter Wall Street with Street Insider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Today, GitLab Inc., a company that offers a comprehensive DevOps platform, announced the initial lineup and stakeholders for GitLab Commit 2021: Innovate Together. This two-day virtual conference will showcase how software development, operations and security professionals work together to drive innovation for their organizations. Attendees will experience four-stage virtual programming, ensuring that anyone can participate and be inspired to innovate together, regardless of location or time zone.
Since 2019, Commit has brought the GitLab community together to discuss the future of DevOps. Through hands-on lessons, solution-focused discussions, in-depth training, and workshops, contributors across the development lifecycle learn to confidently accelerate speed, strengthen developer collaboration, and security and increase visibility of DevOps success.
According to the GitLab DevSecOps 2021 survey, more organizations are taking DevOps seriously than ever, and are releasing code faster than ever. At Commit, software development, operations and security professionals at all levels of the organization will hear stories from their peers about how they have helped take their organization’s software development to the next level. , learn practical tips on how to integrate security throughout the development lifecycle, and collaborate with other software professionals around the world.
“The wider community has always played a key role at GitLab with code contributions and feedback that improved each of the 117 monthly releases,” said Eric Johnson, CTO at GitLab. “We are thrilled to be celebrating nearly 10 years of innovation together at this year’s Virtual Commit. “
“Sharing the stories of how GitLab is fundamentally changing the way our customers, the open source community and our partners collaborate, create and innovate to impact their organizations, their customers and the world at large has always been the essence. of Commit, ”said Traci Robinson-Williams, Manager, Market Insights at GitLab. “We are honored and excited to present the incredible results our users provide through the GitLab platform. “
“GitLab Commit is a chance to celebrate the diverse community that contributes to the success of GitLab – as users, contributors and partners,” said Nuritzi Sanchez, Senior Manager of the Open Source Program at GitLab. “I am delighted to have several of our open source partners in attendance and to share their experience with the community at large.”
“The past year and a half has catalyzed a wave of changes in how organizations operate,” said Darren Murph, Head of Remote at GitLab. “Many companies are adopting remote-first practices to enable their organizations to innovate faster, be more inclusive, and attract top talent as they grow. We are excited to welcome some of the distinguished leaders who are inspiring the future of work at GitLab Commit.
Conference sessions and speakersThis year, GitLab Commit includes four milestones that highlight how GitLab’s DevOps platform enables organizations to get products to market faster by enabling teams to innovate effectively together:
- Innovate Together (main stage): When we collaborate and innovate together, we can deliver better software, faster. Find out how industry leaders see the exciting future of DevOps and how we can all contribute to a stronger development lifecycle.
- Open: GitLab’s DevOps platform is a one-stop-shop for unprecedented collaboration, visibility, and development speed. Find out how GitLab is creatively and uniquely used for remote work, education, marketing, and other non-technical fields to produce unexpected results.
- DevSecOps: Securing your software supply chain has never been more critical, nor more complicated. A DevSecOps platform is the secure, end-to-end factory that can simplify the way you plan, build, deploy, secure, and manage your modern software and the infrastructure on which it is built. GitLab provides the visibility and controls necessary to protect the integrity of your software factory and its deliverables. Learn how to protect your software supply chain with practical advice and best practices.
- Platform: The need for business transformation and resilience determines the decisions every leader makes today. See how other leaders are leveraging the GitLab platform to become more agile, accelerate product development, and ensure compliance, especially in financial services, the public sector, and other regulated industries.
“I love getting into software development with other enthusiasts, so I’m excited to talk to GitLab Commit. The growth of GitLab over the years has been amazing to watch, and I continue to be a huge fan and supporter. It’s such a special community. ”- Nnamdi Iregbulem, Partner, Lightspeed Venture Partners.
“I am delighted to speak at GitLab Commit. GitLab is the centerpiece of our work to build a 100% open source platform. Because GitLab users can create and influence the software itself, our community is participatory on a whole new level. GitLab’s commitment to partnerships and working with our community takes collaboration to the next level. – Silona Bonewald, IEEE.
“We are excited to join GitLab Commit and share our experience of building engineering intelligence on top of the GitLab platform for managing high-speed DevOps delivery pipelines. – Ralf Huuck, Logilica.
The program will include sessions from leading technology and DevOps experts, including:
- “Auto DevOps with GitLab CI” – Seema Saharan, UC Berkeley
- “Integrating Kubernetes Policy Enforcement into GitLab’s Workflow” – Sandeep Parikh, Google
- “DevOps Behind Prison Walls” – Jason Jones and Matthew Nelson, The Last Mile
- “DevOps for high school students? “- Daniel Kim and Emily Chen, new relic
- “Don’t fear integration: how to connect an existing Kubernetes cluster to a GitLab CI / CD project without disrupting your production applications” – Jessie Rushing, Vox Media
- “Intel: Enterprise-level scaling of GitLab at Intel for over 50,000 users” – Ram Varra, Intel
- “Mentoring Designers in Open Source Software: Lessons Learned from Mentoring and Coaching Designers in Open Source Software” – Eriol Fox
- “Northwestern Mutual’s digital transformation with GitLab” – Sean Corkum, Northwestern Mutual
- “Remote mobbing and internal source during pandemic using GitLab” – Ankur Marfatia and Loren Kirby, Delta
- “The Developer Productivity Manifesto” – Nnamdi Iregbulem, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- “The Future of Cloud Native Security” – Caroline Wong, Cobalt
- “The pandemic cannot stop us (Innovating beyond Covid)” – Getty Orawo, Sokowatch
For the full GitLab Commit: Innovate Together program, please visit the GitLab Commit website.
Virtual conference registrationGet ready to innovate together at this immersive learning and networking event that will help you commit to better DevOps. GitLab Commit is a free two-day virtual experience, allowing participants from any time zone to participate in four stages, including panels, demos, and thought leader presentations. Register here for free.
Thanks to the sponsorsGitLab Commit is made possible by the support of the following event sponsors: Accurics, Adaptavist, Anchore, Bridgecrew, GitGuardian, GNOME Foundation, Google, IBM, KDE, Lightstep, PagerDuty, Red Hat, ServiceNow, Sauce Labs, StackHawk, VMware and X. Foundation of the organization; and media sponsors: Changelog, DevOps.com and Software Engineering Daily. For more information on future sponsorship opportunities, please contact [email protected]
About GitLabGitLab is a comprehensive DevOps platform designed from the ground up as a single application for all stages of the DevOps lifecycle, allowing Product, Development, QA, Security and Operations teams to work on the same project simultaneously. GitLab provides a single data store, a single user interface, and a single authorization model throughout the DevOps lifecycle. This allows teams to dramatically reduce cycle times through more efficient collaboration and increased focus.
Built on open source, GitLab works alongside its growing community of thousands of developers and millions of users to continuously deliver new DevOps innovations. GitLab has over 30 million users (paid and free), from startups to global businesses including Ticketmaster, Jaguar Land Rover, Nasdaq, Dish Network, and Comcast trust GitLab to deliver great software faster. Remotely since 2014, GitLab Inc. has more than 1,300 team members in 68 countries.
Media contactJennifer LeslieGitLab Inc, press @ gitlab.com