Get a Job: Join Treyarch as a Senior Gameplay Engineer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is one of the many positions currently advertised.
Location: Santa Monica, California or Vancouver, British Columbia
We are looking for a talented Engineer with a passion for gameplay and a critical eye for game design to join our team in either Santa Monica, CA or Vancouver, BC. Like a Senior Gameplay Engineer, You will work closely with our design team to bring innovative gaming features to life.
A gameplay engineer must be excellent at quickly prototyping ideas and is able to quickly transform a paper design specification into a usable game system for later iteration. A seasoned gameplay engineer will have an “eye” for gameplay and a knack for figuring out how to deliver exciting features that millions of fans will love. A senior gameplay engineer should be able to quickly get to grips with existing code bases and be able to write sleek, high-performance extensible code that performs well in a collaborative environment.
What you will be Make:
- Implement, debug and optimize major systems in C / C ++ and other languages in the context of a large cross-platform code base
- Lead the development of innovative gaming experiences
- Contribute to game architecture and technical and post-mortem designs
- Perform data and code analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in a gameplay engineering role or similar position
- Several game titles shipped for senior level
- Proficient in C / C ++
- Proficiency in scripting language such as Python, LUA or similar
- In-depth knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Advanced optimization skills – code and data
- Advanced debugging skills – comfortable debugging of optimized builds in a multithreaded and multiplatform (networking) context.
- Strong math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
- Knowledge of the game and understanding of the design principles behind the games
- Able to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
- Ability to work well in a fluid and changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- And above all, a passion for creating games
- Advanced programming specialty, such as low-level network programming, high-level shader language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc.
- Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, user interfaces, animation, general game play
- Previously shipped AAA titles
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio committed to making great games for the world. It’s an approach that helped make the studio behind the Covert operations series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the last release from the studio, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War, have all broken industry records. Plus, Treyarch is the home of the fan favorite, Call of DutyThe zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the greatest video games in the industry, all in a culture that values the individual talents and teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to bring their most ambitious projects to life, enabling rapid iteration and the ability to create the types of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans across the globe. We take on challenges as well, knowing that together we can overcome anything … and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re a beginner, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is where game developers grow in their careers.
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving businesses of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.