Find a Job: Join Treyarch as a Senior Gameplay Engineer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
This is one of the many positions currently being advertised.
Location: Santa Monica, CA or Vancouver, BC
We are looking for a talented Engineer with a passion for gameplay and a critical eye for game design to join our team in either Santa Monica, California or Vancouver, BC. Like a Senior Gameplay Engineer, You will work closely with our design team to bring innovative gaming features to life.
A gameplay engineer should be excellent at rapid prototyping of ideas and be able to quickly turn a design specification on paper into a usable game system for later iteration. A successful senior gameplay engineer will have an “eye” for gameplay and a knack for understanding how to deliver exciting features that millions of fans will love. A senior gameplay engineer should be able to quickly get to grips with existing code bases and be able to write sleek, high-performance extensible code that performs well in a collaborative environment.
What you will be Make:
- Implement, debug and optimize major systems in C / C ++ and other languages in the context of a large cross-platform code base
- Spearheading the development of innovative gaming experiences
- Contribute to game architecture, technical designs and post-mortems
- Perform data and code analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
- At least 5 years of industry experience in a game engineering role or similar
- Several game titles shipped for Senior level
- Proficient in C / C ++
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, LUA or similar
- Advanced knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Advanced optimization skills – code and data
- Advanced debugging skills – comfortable debugging of optimized versions in a multithreaded and multiplatform (network) context.
- Strong math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector mathematics
- Knowledge of the game and understanding of the design principles behind the games
- Able to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
- Ability to work well in a fluid and changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- And above all, a passion for creating games
- Advanced programming specialty, such as low level network programming, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc.
- Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, user interfaces, animation, general game
- AAA titles already shipped
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, committed to making great games for the world. It’s an approach that helped make the studio behind the Covert operations series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the most recent release from the studio, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War, have all broken industry records. Plus, Treyarch is the home of the fan favorite, Call of Duty‘s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the greatest video games in the industry, all in a culture that values the individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, enabling rapid iteration and the ability to create the kind of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We take on challenges too, knowing that together we can overcome anything… and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra job board is where game developers advance in their careers.
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving businesses of all sizes, from indie to triple A.
Looking for a new job? Start here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post job offers here.